HOW TO GET GLASS SKIN / 10 STEP SKINCARE ROUTINE

by - October 17, 2019



On starting your road to self-care, you might not know where to start in this daunting journey. Therefore, it's good to start with something small and simple like your skin! Having good skin and being able to show off your no makeup face is one big step to self-confidence. You are regularly taking care of yourself and investing in your skin! Seeing results from your investment is a big confidence booster.

Additionally, it is good to have a routine at night that you follow to foster it as a habit. A life without any structure will cause nothing but mess and stress which will undoubtedly affect your mental health, thus it is good to start fostering some healthy habits for yourself - even if it's just starting with small little habits right now!

This post will show 10 steps, but if you're new to skincare it's okay to take smaller steps to communicate to yourself/myself that "I care about you."

Keep in mind that your night and day routine will be different, for example, my night routine is about 10 steps, whereas my day routine is only about 3 steps! Today I will share you my night routine, obviously.

Cleanse

Image result for makeup removed picture
This step is ESSENTIAL. It helps to purify your skin and removes all the dirt from your everyday activities. It would be a waste of your expensive skincare if you're putting it all on a dirt-filled surface!

Step 1: Makeup Remover

Image result for garnier micellar water pure activeI use micellar water to break down and remove all my makeup. If you don't like micellar water, then you can also use an oil based cleanser for this step.

Micellar water have these little molecules called "micelles" which attract dirt and oil, essentially drawing out impurities without drying out your skin.

Be gentle to your skin overall, but don't forget to be extra gentle when removing makeup around your eyes! They are one of the most delicate areas and so treat your eyes with extra love.



Step 2: Water-based Cleanser

Yes. Double cleanse. This helps to thoroughly remove the remaining impurities - such as sweat, bacteria, and old skin cells - that your makeup remover didn't pick up.

Image result for Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser ingredients reviewCurrently, I am using Simple's Foaming Cleanser and so far it's been doing its job so thumbs up from me!

I also like to think that the vitamins it has is actually doing something for my skin but... I can't really tell!







Step 3: Exfoliator 

Now that your skin is cleansed, it's time to exfoliate!

The Ordinary - AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution  Bear in mind to only do this once or twice a week.

I prefer chemical exfoliants (AHA and BHA). I personally think that you can't have a complete skincare routine without a chemical exfoliator because it really gets deep into exfoliating your skin and unclogs your pores, helping to stop breakouts.

Chemical exfoliants also help stimulate collagen production and strengthens the skin, which prevents further wrinkles from forming!


Face Tone

In between cleansing and moisturising is toning your skin. It may seem unnecessary, but I'd say this is an ESSENTIAL step. Toner is important because it is multipurpose, it's used after cleansing to further cleanse your skin thoroughly after washing your face AND also to close up your pores and prepare your skin for the nourishment you're about to add onto your skin. 

Step 4: Toner

I use TWO toners on my skin at night because they both have different purposes.

Image result for simple toner




First I use Simple Kind to Skin Soothing toner to remove any remaining traces of impurities such as dirt and makeup, and also restore my skin's to its natural pH level.






I then use TonyMoly's Wonder Ceramide Mocchi Toner. This toner hydrates, nourishes and repairs the skin.





It contains ceramides which are lipids that help form the skin barrier and helps protect the skin against irritants and pollution. Also, it helps the skin retain moisture, prepping it for the moisturisers in the steps ahead.




Nourish and Moisturise

This is the bit where you start to moisturise and really nourish your skin with concentrated antioxidants and vitamins.

Step 5: Serum

With serums, it really depends on you and your goals for your skin. 
Image result for revolution vitamin c


I wanted to brighten my skin and prevent further wrinkles and so I chose a vitamin C serum for that.







Step 6: Essence 

Most steps online say to do essence before serum, but the essence I use is thicker than my serum which is why I do my steps like this. If your essence is thinner, I would use it before your serum. 
Essences have a higher concentration of active ingredients and penetrate deeper into your skin. 
Image result for tony moly intense care gold 24k snail essence


Again, buy your essences depending on what you want for your skin. 

I'm currently using TONYMOLY Intense Care Gold 24K Snail Essence because I got it as a gift. It's one out of the two expensive product I use, but don't  worry guys! There are plenty essences out there that is affordable.



After this step, it's important you wait 15 minutes for the serum and essence to penetrate your skin before continuing your skin routine. It might sound time consuming, but you can always do something productive during that 15 minute wait.

Step 7: Eye Cream

Your eye is the most delicate area on your face and therefore, you need to take extra care of it to prevent any crow's feet from forming anytime soon! 
Lancome Advanced Genifique Eye Cream 15ml


Currently, I am using Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Care, the last thing that is expensive. So don't worry, the rest is affordable guys!






Step 8: Face Mask

Face masks are saturated with various different vitamins and plant extracts to help deliver moisture and nutrition to the skin. I use a face mask ONCE a week, but if your skin needs the extra nutrition then go ahead and do it 2-3 times a week!
Image result for the face shop face mask

I use a variety of different face masks from The Face Shop and TONYMOLY. 


Doing face masks can be very relaxing and while you have it on for 20-30 minutes, you could do something productive during it! For example, I am writing this blog while wearing my mask right now!



Step 9: Moisturiser

Nearly there! This step will seal in moisture, plumping up your skin and leaving it smooth and hydrated when you wake up.
Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Night Cream 50ml




For my night cream, I am using Simple's Regeneration Age Resisting Night Cream.





Image result for botanical lab rose overnight hydrating mask
Lastly, I top off my night cream with an overnight sleeping mask. 



I am using Botanical Lab Rose Overnight Hydrating Mask.






Step 10: Protect

The last step is all about protecting your skin from external environmental factors, so you should only do this step as part of your morning routine. It is important to always wear sunscreen even if it's a cloudy/rainy day. 

I don't like to wear actual sunscreen on my face as they always feel so greasy on my already oily skin, so I just use a moisturiser that has SPF in it. 

Also my foundations always have SPF in it. I would suggest sunscreen that's at least SPF30. I use Simple's Age Resisting Day Cream, and yes it's only SPF15 but my foundation has SPF30 so that counts right??





And you're done!

I hope you guys enjoy your day (or night?) and continue to take care of yourself, your body, mind, and, obviously, SKIN! I would like to repeat again that you don't have to do all these steps, it really just depends on you and your skin. Don't be afraid to experiment with different brands and each products' functions!

Also skin-care can also be an activity for you, your friends and/or your family! You all can do face masks together and it's honestly such a fun and relaxing time to develop your relationships.













You May Also Like

0 comments