How to: Self Care

by - October 10, 2019

Self-Care: What is It? How Do We Do It?

Hi guys! I'm Junie and I created this blog to help inspire and encourage people to love themselves and take care of themselves. The name EuphorYou is a play on the two words, Euphoria and You. I chose the word Euphoria as it has the meaning of: "a state of extreme happiness." Basically I want you, yes you, the one who's reading this, to be able to enjoy life more and find happiness in it, even if it's just by a tiny little bit. I will be posting every week and I hope you guys stick with me!

So first of all:

What does 'Self-Care' REALLY mean?

With so many trends going around social media these days, the term 'self-care' has become so popular that I feel the real meaning of it has been lost. I want you all to know that self care is really not about eating ice-cream or having bubble baths or face masks. 

In my opinion (meaning you guys can disagree with me here), self-care means prioritising your happiness, your mind and your heart for once, and not basing your decisions on what someone else wants.

True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from. It is making a lifestyle that you are happy with.

Sometimes self-care is not what you expect it to be. You are parenting yourself for your future well-being. It is doing the routines needed to keep your life and health on track. It is making sure you take your vitamins, making sure to stay hydrated and making sure you are doing enough exercises to keep your body fit and healthy. It is looking at your disappointments and failures and picking yourself back up and improving from that.

Sometimes, self-care is just finding out ways to accept yourself. Our biggest critics are ourselves. And so today I want you to do something for yourself. Talk to yourself in the same way you would talk to a close friend of yours. Look in the mirror, and just start complimenting yourself (no matter how weird that may sound).

Taking care of yourself and having a healthy mindset means you will attract good things and good people around you.

This blog will teach you the many ways of self-care, with routines such as skin care and work out routines. My next post next week will be on How to Get Glass Skin! Please stay tuned for that! 

You May Also Like

0 comments